The Third International Legal Ethics Conference, co-hosted by the TC Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland and Griffith Law School of Griffith University, will be held at the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast resort, July 13-16, 2008. The call for papers deadline is Feb. 29, 2008.
The conference theme is “Integrity in Legal Practice.” Papers will be organized into “streams”:
1. Character and virtue in the professions
2. Contemporary legal practice
3. Empirical research on lawyering
4. Ethical decision-making in everyday legal practice
5. Gender and the legal profession
6. Large law firms
7. Lawyering: business or profession?
8. Lawyers and ethical conduct in fiction
9. Legal ethics and the future
10. The legal ethics project in legal education
11. Models of professional regulation