The International Association for the Study of the Commons presents the 1st Thematic Conference on the Knowledge Commons, Governing Pooled Knowledge Resources: Building Institutions for Sustainable Scientific, Cultural and Genetic Resources Commons, Sept. 12-14, 2012 at Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve , Belgium. The call for papers deadline is Jan. 15, 2012.
There will be six tracks for abstract submissions:
- Track 1 on Scientific Research and Innovation Commons
- Track 2 on Digital Information Commons
- Track 3 on Historical experience of the knowledge commons
- Track 4 on Genetic Resource Commons
- Track 5 on Cultural Commons
- Cross-cutting conference track 6 on climate change
The 1st Global Thematic IASC Conference on the Knowledge Commons aims to bring together leading people from a number of international scientific research communities, social science researchers, practitioners and policy analysts, to discuss the rationale and practical feasibility of institutional arrangements designed to emulate key public domain conditions for collaborative research.