The AALS 2013 Mid-Year Meeting Workshop on Poverty, Immigration and Property planning committee invites proposals for presentations and papers. The Workshop will be held on June 10-12, 2013 in San Diego. It will begin with registration at 4:00 p.m. and a reception at 6:00 p.m. on Mon., June 10, and conclude at 4:00 p.m. on Wed. It will appeal to a wide range of teachers and scholars interested in these and related subject areas.
While the Workshop will feature several plenary panels about a range of issues implicated by the intersection of poverty, immigration, and property, we also plan to include concurrent sessions. For these sessions we are seeking proposals that are in various stages of development. We are exploring the possibility of publication opportunities with various law journals.
We invite any proposal on the topic of the Workshop theme. Possible topics within the purview of the Workshop theme include:
- Access to Justice (Labor Camps, Counsel, Language)
- Property Implications of Immigration Enforcement
- International: Land Distribution, Land Reform, Forced Migration
- Race and Property/Race and Immigration
- Climate Refugees: Property, Poverty, Immigration
- Progressive Property: Pro and Con
- Welfare Rights for Immigrants
- Employer Sanctions and Licensing
- Property Formalization
- Home, Housing and Culture
- Property and Citizenship
For more details see this post on the Poverty Law blog.